Since Windows 2011 update (Problem

night 19:39 27 Oct 10

On computer start up I have a box which comes up with a Header as follows wlstartup-exe-Entry Point Not Found. X The procedure entry point
[email protected] Image @@ QBEHXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library UXCore.dll

Can anyone solve this one as Microsoft does not seem to be able to at the moment.

a member 08:33 28 Oct 10

this is a commonly discuss problem relating to (in most cases) the use of windows live essentials (beta) unfortunately the cure is far more complex and it would appear that microsoft themselves offer little help in the matter .
the file wlstartup.exe is an essential file and must not be deleted ,many have completely uninstalled the entire windows live program set and then run a registry cleaner (that will remove the windows live entries) .this has been shown to stop the fault ,but some then have problems reinstalling windows live . I believe that is because windows live has installed files at other locations on the pc and they would have to be searched for and deleted .
sorry I cannot be of more help ,but I would have thought maybe a system restore would solve this problem .

Ibanez2010 10:49 28 Oct 10

My post got borked somehow.

What it should say is that the "fix photo" button is missing since the update.
I now have to use Windows Live photo gallery to edit, crop, red eye removal etc.
This used to be a simple task using the ordianry photo viewer. Now Microsoft have over complicated things. Is there any way to revert back to how things used to be? Without doing a system restore?

Ibanez2010 10:50 28 Oct 10

Ignore that. I must be drunk.

night 19:24 29 Oct 10

Thanks to all who answered, but the problem has been sorted by removing 2011 updates and all in program files too and then dowloading the whole Windows 2011 update again an the dll is removed so it must be Beta to blame,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…