Windows 2000 Service Pack 5 - On Microsoft Website

guymcneill 11:53 27 Dec 06

Microsoft Annouced it would not be making a Service Pack 5 for Windows 2000, but would rather do a Windows Update Rollup.

As of today, Wednesday 27th Dec, Microsoft's website for windows updates - the Windows Update Catalog Site (visit click here)
and select Updates for Windows Operating Systems...

You'll see available are Updates for Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 5 in all flavours; professional, server, advanced server etc.

Has Microsoft finally decided to ship another Service Pack?

Your thoughts...

Guy McNeill, IT MANAGER.

Kate B 11:56 27 Dec 06

Please don't post the same thread in different parts of the forum, and please post threads in the appropriate part of the forum. It shouldn't take a genius to work out that this bit of the forum is for Vista-related discussion. The clue is in the title - this one is cunningly called "Windows Vista" ;-)

guymcneill 11:59 27 Dec 06

Well, since there is no WINDOWS forum, I thought Vista would be most appropriate. It doesn't heart posting Windows 2000 notices on this forum surely since VISTA is built on 2000 & XP Technology. You show me a more suitable forum and I'll post there in future.

No harm done I hope.

I am interested in people's opinions on this article though!

Kate B 12:03 27 Dec 06

well, you can post what you like*, obviously, but you stand a better chance of it being seen by people who are interested if you post it in the right part of the forum. I'd have posted something like that in either the Helproom or Consumerwatch.

*within the rules, that is ;) anyway, welcome to PCA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5