Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%

Christine Stafford 08:38 26 Jun 16

Please help. Im an elderly lady who has no clue about computers. For some time now my Windows 7 updates have not worked. I had previously tried to do them manually, but always got an error message. I went to the Microsoft site yesterday and started the Windows 10 upgrade. It took about 6 hours to get to the installing stage, and has been at 99% for the past 17 hours. My computer knowledge is very basic, so if anyone can explain what to do in simple terms, I would be very grateful as I cant afford to take my computer to a repair shop. Thank you.

Govan1x 11:10 26 Jun 16

Just leave it for another 12 hours to see if it finishes installing it. Just read one post where it took 32 hours to finish installing.

Maybe you will get a better answer from others but leave it as it is till you do.

Govan1x 12:15 27 Jun 16

If you have let it run overnight Christine and it is just the same the only remedy would be to turn it off by holding down the start button till it switches off.

The only problem with that is the computer might not start correctly. let us know how you got on. Are you connected by Wireless or cable. Wireless would have been slower to download.

Christine Stafford 02:07 28 Jun 16

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up biting the bullet and turning it off. Turned it back on (whilst holding my breath) and everything was fine as I still had windows 7. Think I will steer clear of 10 for now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017