Windows 10 and touchpad/wireless issues

Oneilld3 19:19 22 Sep 15

Hi there, I'm really hoping I can get some help on the various issues Windows 10 is giving me.

I've got an MSI CR630 64bit.

The first problem I can work around; it is more of an annoyance than anything.

It involves the touchpad driver updating itself from Windows update. In particular, these 2 updates;

• "Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad"
  • "Synaptics - Pointing Drawing - Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad"

It will download them, restart and then as soon as I touch the pad, cause a DPCWatchdogViolation and restart. I can use a USB mouse to remove the driver and it works fine until the update runs again. I've set Windows to NOT update my drivers, and also hidden these updates using the wushowhide.diagcab tool from the Microsoft website. Any idea how to stop this seemingly endless loop from occurring?

The second issue is a little more bizzare.

I was using the laptop, left it running for an hour or so and upon returning, it no longer detected it's wireless card. It's not that it can't find any wireless networks, looking at it in device manager my wireless card does not show, even when I set it to show hidden drivers.

I'm aware of people having this issue when they initially upgrade, but it was working fine for weeks and happened completely out of the blue. There were no updates installed on the day this occurred, so I can't uninstall an update to see if that was the cause. This is the higher priority problem.

Any help and pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

David

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:58 23 Sep 15

check wireless switch is set to on.

possibly the wireless card or connection has failed you could try removing and refitting it, then see if windows detects it.

otherwise the simplest option would be to buy a wireless USB dongle for about £6 -£10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…