Windows 10 stuck in automatic repair loop

GaryEvans 08:33 31 Aug 15

After upgrading to windows 10 the computer was Ok however after a week it has now stuck in an automatic repair loop please advise how I can get out of the loop since none of the option -restore , recovery etc work.

Govan1x 14:31 31 Aug 15

Ok try starting and stopping your computer by holding in the stop button. After 3-5 attempts it will go into repair mode and give you several options of what to use.

Try them one at a time to see if you can fix it.

You should be able to go to safe mode. System restore.CMD. Repair and others.

Maybe try cmd first and type in sfc /scannow and see if that finds and fixes any problems.

luedvic 18:24 29 Sep 15

I have the exact same issue and none of the options work except for CMD.

dal987 14:07 30 Sep 15

Hi, depends on your exact circumstances, but sometimes Win 8 & Win 10 with the introduction of automatic recovery simply get stuck. Now if you're lucky and no repair is actually needed, this is worth trying:

1. Switch on, power up, but as soon as you can (ideally before any disk access) switch off. (Yes, horrible..)
  2. Switch off, disconnect power, switch the power switch 'on' for a few seconds. Wait 20 or 30s. Reconnect power, switch on, and try restart.

If you are lucky, you should see the boot sequence start normally, unless sthg on your disk needs fixing.

I've had to do this a number of times.. mostly after a thermal cutout on my laptop.

dal987 14:09 30 Sep 15

To guard against these difficulties, use regular disk imaging - Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (free versions).

hazafantasy 14:53 19 Oct 15

I solved this changing in the BIOS: Fast Boot to Disabled.

Pierce4d 14:26 15 Dec 15

My pc isnt even actually Repairing anything it just shows the blue window and says prepairing automatic repair but no loading wheel or anything

roygot 15:38 08 Jan 16

The repair loop problem might be caused by corrupted registry, broken MBR/DBR, or missing system files, etc. I hope this article will be helpful for everyone who run into the same problem: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…