Windows 10 Project Spartan

chub_tor 18:29 04 May 15
Answered

I have just upgraded to build 10074 (32 bit) on my old laptop and it comes with the new Microsoft browser Spartan. It looks to be a very clean interface and imported all my old Internet Explorer favourites. However I have had a few glitches with it, mainly freezing for long periods before correcting itself. Anyone else tried it and have you had problems with it?

rdave13 18:54 04 May 15
Answer

Yes, Edge eats up my CPU but is slightly better than the previous Spartan on the last preview update. I've core temp showing CPU usage. Single core CPU 1.7 GHz. The MSN site is OK but this site is a nightmare with all the ads and video loading. No Ad-block for it :(

chub_tor 09:51 05 May 15

I've had a few glitches with Windows 10 although I think most of them are connected with the very old laptop that I have it installed on. My biggest problem has been with the build upgrades. I can always install from scratch via an iso but nine times out of ten if I try to do an internal update to the next build number I am informed that I need at least 1Gb of RAM to do so. I have 2Gb which is recongnised on a clean install but not for a build upgrade. Never have sorted that one out. With the release due in the next few months I am quite looking forward to upgrading my main machine from Win 8.1 to 10, I like the speed of it, the interface and I can eventually do away with Start8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes