windows 10 freezes and stops working

Ray Hewes 11:19 27 May 16
Answered

"Display Driver stopped responding and recovered Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for windows 8 stopped responding and has successfully recovered" why does it keep doing this

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 27 May 16

Update your graphics drivers

Ray Hewes 00:24 28 May 16

Thank's Fruit Bat, Should have included more info. Latest drivers from Intel installed, MB Asrock H67M-GE, i5 2400 processor, 4.00 GB ram, 32 bit OS. The Pointer also freezes for a minute and sometimes stays frozen requiring a force shutdown and restart.

Rhenop86 06:54 28 May 16

i think you you have a cpu unit with high temperature. read this tips. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:26 28 May 16

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

5. driver conflicts especially graphics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Ray Hewes 03:13 29 May 16

Thank's all Don't think it is overheat as it occurred just after switch on now as I opened Firefox and Thunderbird, 1 min after switch on froze for 30 sec. I will check the other points

Ray Hewes 05:40 01 Jun 16

Tried the suggestions to no avail but now I find that when I hover cursor over ENG all is well when I stay on the taskbar but when I move up into the popup window it freezes every time

Ray Hewes 01:16 06 Jun 16
Answer

Latest on this saga is that I installed English (Australian) and uninstalled all others, solved the ENG tag problem but freezing still continued when navigating around Avira toolbox. I uninstalled Avira Security Suite that has been there since Win 7 (was updated to the latest win 10 version before the freezing)and reinstalled on top of Win 10> The freezing appears to have ceased ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant