win8 says HD failed

nichos 20:18 01 May 14

Hi,

I dualboot W8 & XP, this morning W8 did not boot normally but, in a very restrictaed way reminisent of the XP "Safe Mode", with the error icon saying " HD problem" back your files, pls see attached.

I recycled the HD cables rebooted W8 several times with the same, then booted in XP & all worked fine, no problems reported, even FSX worked.

Can anybody help on this please?

URL=[click">http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9264/elk6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]">URL=[click here P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel Core 2 Quad Pro 2.4GHz, OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler, 2x2GB, DDR2 800 PC2-6400, GeForce 9800 GTX (PCI-E), sata 500gb Seagate Barraguta HD , Corsair 750M Psu, X45, Dual boot Win8 & XPhome sp3.

Asus

BRYNIT 20:58 01 May 14

As you seem to have one HD I assume you have partitioned the drive to allow a duel boot between XP and Windows 8. There is a possibility that the partition that windows 8 is installed on may be failing, have you scanned the full hard drive for bad sectors?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…