Win7 Wireless Network without Internet access

Gary Wood 00:24 02 Jan 10

I'm setting up a laptop for an elderly relative. I've created a wireless network to allow him to access a printer wirelessly, but he does not have Internet access over this network (or at all...yet!)

The problem is that whilst Win7 will let me connect to the network, it displays a warning triangle down near the clock to indicate there's "No Internet Access".

I can't find a way to tell Windows that there shouldn't be: this network isn't intended to provide Internet access. Can anyone tell me how I can do this, please?

Thanks,

Gary

BurrWalnut 13:16 02 Jan 10

To stop the Network icon from appearing, right-click the Orb (Start) > Properties > Taskbar Tab > Customize alongside Notification area > Turn icons on/off.

Gary Wood 01:34 03 Jan 10

BurrWalnut,

Thanks very much for this. However, I don't really want to turn off the network icon altogether; I just don't want it to show the "No Internet Access" warning triangle, since there's isn't supposed to be Internet access.

Essentially, I guess, I want a way to tell Windows what services the wireless network is supposed to provide, so it won't be expecting Internet access.

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…