Win7 User Profiles

Newuser4165 10:16 AM 28 Oct 13

I am unable to create permanent user profiles in Win7 Home Premium 64 bit - only temporary ones.Can anyone suggest a fix for this please.

lotvic 11:46 AM 28 Oct 13

Is this what is happening? click here A temporary user profile is created every time that you log on.. This behavior occurs because the account that you use to log on to the computer is a member of one or more of the following groups: Guests, Domain Guests.

Newuser4165 08:57 AM 29 Oct 13

Thanks for the link.However,it's not lke that in Win7 but there was separate link on your link for Win7 referring to a possible solution regarding an odd user profile - UpdatusUser in C:/Users.This referred to an nVidia update program - 11.8.15 on my pc.I uninstalled it.On restart I was able to now create a new Standard User which seemed OK at the time. However, after restarting the pc today the temp profile problem is back. I think it might be better to reinstall Windows as this problem may be linked to an earlier problem last week when I couldn't login to the pc at all due to a corrupt profile which I fixed by using system restore in Safe Mode.

lotvic 09:29 AM 29 Oct 13

Must be the user profile is corrupted. Have you tried in Safe Mode and log in using the Administrator Account? Then you can create a new profile.

Newuser4165 20:52 PM 11 Nov 13

After having got the system up and running by booting into safe mode and running System Restore it happened again yesterday - fixed it the same way. Now I must get round to reinstalling Windows as I can't create any new permanent user profiles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know