Win7 reboot just after switching on

jerica 13:06 18 Aug 13

Hi again, still not solved my reboot problem. I've got a dual OS desk top with win7 on one drive and XP on the other. After switching on the Win7 OS it runs fine for a while and then reboots itself for no apparent reason. I always get the Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown window with some info in it but nothing happens when I ask it to search for a solution. The BCCode is 124 if that is any help. If I start with XP I don't get the problem. I've searched online for answers but there are so many that I'm really at a loss now. All the drivers are up to date. Help please.

lotvic 18:06 18 Aug 13

As that usually means a hardware issue and the only item different is the Hard Drive with W7 on it, I would run a Disk Check on that to check for bad sectors.

Also ensure all the W7 drivers are up to date as that could be the cause.

jerica 18:50 18 Aug 13

Hi, I've done a disc check and it tells me that there is no problem but I'll try again as that makes sense.

jerica 18:50 18 Aug 13

Hi, I've done a disc check and it tells me that there is no problem but I'll try again as that makes sense.

rdave13 20:28 18 Aug 13

Try booting to 7 and run sfc/scannow. Might be a driver/software problem with Windows 7. Boot manager seems fine as you still get the option.

Second Option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced