Win7 "Make Changes" pop up box

tony-guitar 22:18 PM 23 Jul 12

I have a new Win7 pc.It has a built-in dvd drive, but i also have an LG external USB dvd rw drive that was recognised immediately. However, it needs the software to do any burning, but since its intallation, every time i 'log-on' a box appears "Do you want the following program to make changes to your computer". I expected this after the first log-in or boot up, but its every time and therefore becoming a nuisance. Any chance of getting rid please?

difarn 23:13 PM 23 Jul 12

You probably have your User Account Control set to "always notify" - you can change the settings:-

Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac and then click Change User Account Control settings.

tony-guitar 10:55 AM 24 Jul 12

Hi difarn, The slider is set to first level up from bottom, i've already found that if i drop the slider to its lowest setting, i get a security warning instead! I'm new to Win7 so these are new experiences for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…