Win7 64 internet Wireless USB adaptors

mrhilton 10:09 AM 17 Nov 09

I have just upgraded to a 64bit Windows 7 system and none of my internet adaptors work. I have gone to great lengths to find updates from both manufacturers (Belkin & Netgear) however these don’t work at all... I have lost patience in waiting for updates as will probably take as long as they did with Vista; can anyone recommend a 'currently working' wireless adaptor that works on Win7 64 bits? I can’t get any advice off any of the major high street retailers (they confirmed that they only sell 32bit). Please provide the full make/name and where they can be purchased. Getting to the point where I wish I stayed with 32bit. Please no advice on Netgear or Belkin - I'm just after a list of workinging usb wireless adaptors for Win7 64bit. Many thanks.

anskyber 11:46 AM 17 Nov 09

Any use? click here

mrhilton 12:39 PM 17 Nov 09

Thanks but not really, as I said Im not after new drivers and they dont exist! The manufacturer has sent them personally - all I'm after is a list of all 64bit win7 compatable adaptors not a 'robot'.

a member 15:58 PM 17 Nov 09

I had some problems with 64bit win7 too regarding wireless network adapters (usb)
I choose to install the Belkin (n) wireless adapter ,and although there were no windows 7 drivers ,if you get the driver file on your desktop , and right click it and choose run in compatability mode a window will pop up ,choose something like vista sp1 ,make sure the run in compatability mode box it ticked and apply .
then when you run the file and install correctly ,I could not even get an adapter driver to load at all on 64bit until I did this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X