Win explorer does not display images as thumbnails

davidmball9 08:44 03 Mar 14

Just upgraded to a PC with Windows 7. When I run Windows explorer, I can no longer see my images and movies as thumbnails, when in icon view. They stay as icons. This happens whatever program I associate with the images/movies. I never had a problem in XP or Vista. I have looked through Windows help, but can't find any info on this. Can anyone advise how to get thumbnails displayed, so I can browse my images properly?

john bunyan 09:10 03 Mar 14

You have selected "medium icons" in the "view menu?

davidmball9 09:27 03 Mar 14

It is the same with any size of icon

john bunyan 10:30 03 Mar 14

Too obvious but: Click on the Start button, go to Control Panel. In Control Panel select System. From the System window select Advanced system settings. Select Performance settings. Be sure the box Show thumbnails instead of icons is checked.

john bunyan 10:34 03 Mar 14

If still not ok read this:

Microsoft Forum

davidmball9 12:38 03 Mar 14

Sorted! Thank you John. This was not obvious to me, although its a simple fix. Should really be in the help files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…