Win 8 Upgrade/Re-install

Legslip 12:21 PM 14 Jan 13

I am considering the £28 Microsoft upgrade offer. If I download and install Win 8, if at some time in the future I want to reformat my HD, will I still have access to Win 8 as a download means I have no disk? Currently on Win 7.

aquatarkus 17:30 PM 14 Jan 13

Hi There

When you do the download you will get the option to create your own media either a bootable usb stick (must be more than 3gig) or burn as an ISO file to dvd

Regards Aquatarkus

Legslip 18:45 PM 14 Jan 13

Thanks people. Think you have given me the response I needed. Will give it a whirl.

SillBill 19:10 PM 14 Jan 13

I'm still thinking about it, but the more I read the more I think I'll stick with W7!!

Forum Editor 00:21 AM 15 Jan 13

Microsoft has sold over 60 million Windows 8 licenses in two months - it's a very good Windows version indeed.

Like all new operating system releases there's a learning curve. This one is somewhat more complicated by the fact of the user interface,which has been primarily designed with touch screens in mind. It's perfectly good on a conventional screen and mouse combination however.

Minor glitches are being resolved on a daily basis, and manufacturers are rapidly adding certified drivers. It's an upgrade that in my opinion is well worth making. We've seen far more in the way of teething problems with previous versions when they were launched.

Legslip 00:30 AM 15 Jan 13

Thanks Ed. useful contribution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…