Win 7 reinstall on Sony Laptop

lagavulin1 12:27 PM 16 Apr 12

I bought a Vaio laptop when working in Germany with Win 7 Home Premium. The reinstall on this would be from an install partition and in german. I upgraded to german Ultimate by buying a DVD and installing the English language pack. Its time to do a clean reinstall.

Before taking the plunge would anybody know if there is the option to install ultimate direct from the DVD in English or do i have to follow the above tortuous route. Many thanks if you can help.

johndrew 13:54 PM 16 Apr 12

I think this thread answers your question although it was asked against a Home Premium installation.

Looks like you have the longer route to endure. Perhaps, one day, MS will decide that it is not only worth installing all variations of an OS with one CD but also all languages as well.

lagavulin1 15:20 PM 16 Apr 12

Groan ! Thanks JD.

sharpamat 16:28 PM 16 Apr 12

http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

Have a read here, Whilst it refers to German as version that you can install it another language and activate. because the licence is for the version not the Language.

If I read it correct you can download the ultimate version and legally use the Key you have to install and use it

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…