Win 7 "consider replacng your battery" message

Guady 15:06 17 Sep 13
Answered

I have just today started to get a "Consider replacing your battery" message on my Packard Bell Easynote. I think it may be a "false" report, as the battery seems to be having no problem charging up - although I don't know how long it might hold the charge. I once had a similar problem with a message saying "not charging" and solved it by taking out the battery and replacing - But this has not worked this time! Does anyone know how I can check that the battery actually needs replacing? Obviously I don't want to buy a new one if it's just a false error message. (Having looked online, it does seem that some other people have had this message even though the battery was okay) Any help would be much appreciated!

wee eddie 16:00 17 Sep 13
Answer

While, in my opinion, this is a tactic to gain extra Sales, it will very likely, have been set to start after a certain number of re-Charges, at which, your battery will be expected to be beginning to deteriorate.

While you do not need to replace the battery immediately, you can expect it to hold its charge for progressively shorter and shorter periods. The battery could be good for another year or more, if you are prepared to accept that you will have to recharge it more frequently.

jaywoo 22:08 17 Sep 13

Get the battery stats with click here will show the wear level and charging capacity, you can make your own decision based on the numbers.

It

Guady 17:42 18 Sep 13

Thanks very much for your help! It sounds as if I may as well continue as I am - my only worry is that it could suddenly refuse to work on mains power. Hopefully this will not happen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5