Win 7 and MRU Blaster

audeal 21:32 PM 15 Jul 09

I have been using MRU Blaster for many years now on both of my XP Pro systems. I have now installed, and am testing, Windows 7 and have installed it on Win 7.

It has worked well up to now with no problems whatever. However I did a deep scan using "A squared free" and it returned an infection with "Backdoor.Genlot!IK". It is set as High Risk and when I remove the file, (mru blaster.exe) and do a new scan it comes up OK.

After reinstalling the file and repeating the scan it returns the same infection and deletes the file again. I ran the same scan on my other computer with XP installed and it came up OK.

Can anybody tell me if this might be a False Positive and should be ignored or has it got something to do with win7 itself. It seem strange that it is ok on XP but not W7. I am reluctant to use this program when a scan gives me these kind of results.

Thanks for any help given.

Audeal

audeal 00:57 AM 02 Aug 09

N0 Response

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites