Win 7 and mouse selection of images

RedYelBlu 12:38 07 Dec 14

I have been using Windows 7 now for about 3 years and one thing I cannot get to work the same as the old XP, is selecting more that one image with the mouse.

With my Win 7 Home Premium, if I want to select maybe 2 or 3 images from say 12, I hold down the CTL key and then left click the first image it will be highlighted. But as I move on, sometimes the next image is highlighted and then some are unhighlighted. With the old XP as I selected another image with the CTL key down they would all stay selected and highlighted.

Also selecting a row of images with the UP key and the left mouse button doesnt seem to work correctly either.

Am I doing something wrong or is the mouse setup incorrect? Thanks.

Batch 15:41 07 Dec 14

What application are you using when it doesn't work?

As far as I'm aware it should work across the board by holding down CTL as you select.

Not so sure about using the UP + left mouse though.

Secret-Squirrel 16:21 07 Dec 14

Red, instead of having to hold down the CTRL and Shift keys, you may find it a lot less fiddly to select files by using the Explorer check boxes instead - here's a tutorial.

RedYelBlu 21:12 07 Dec 14

Thank you Secret-Squirrel. I have just watched the tutorial ticked the tick box to select files. Seems to suit me better.

lotvic 18:37 08 Dec 14

I also say thank you Secret-Squirrel, I never knew about that. Very Handy, ta.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced