Widows Media Player

peter99co 18:44 19 Mar 08

Since SP1 Update my player is hanging (not responding)It loads and rips then hangs if I change to Library or say put in another disc but is intermittant.

error is ApphangXProcB1 and applies to wmplayer.exe

Any Ideas?

Before this my m/c was rock solid

Pine Man 18:50 19 Mar 08

If you google this there are loads of items, maybe the answer is amongst them.

peter99co 21:16 19 Mar 08

Nothing there with WMA

Pine Man 15:56 20 Mar 08

Sorry I didn't actually read them.

anskyber 16:15 20 Mar 08

Just a thought.

You can uninstall SP1 by choosing Control Panel, uninstall a program, then select "view installed updates" from the left pane. SP1 will be under Microsoft Windows.

Try then checking for updates. Do so by ensuring you have the updates settings include the recommended as well as the important updates. You may pick up updates for WMP. If so reinstall SP1.

A long way round I know but it might do the job for you.

peter99co 16:47 20 Mar 08

I have installed every update offered so far and all were succesfull.The SP1 was not offered until all previous updates had been installed.

A check of problems show that the USB and Video Drivers have been replaced by windows. The video card driver was specific for Vista when installed

peter99co 17:37 20 Mar 08

In the process of uninstall and restore now. will post result

peter99co 18:57 20 Mar 08

Well i have uninstalled and then gone to restore and taken the offered point, pre sp1 and it,s still running "please wait while windows restores the setting and registers" How long will it take? It has taken longer so far than installation in the first place. and still going

anskyber 19:00 20 Mar 08

System restore can take up to 40mins.

peter99co 19:07 20 Mar 08

It is more than 40 at this time more like 60 and still going.19.07

anskyber 19:24 20 Mar 08

You have uninstalled SP1 and you are system restoring. Is there a reason you are also SRing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…