Why Should I Change

Input Overload 28 Sep 09

Ever since Win 95 I have run the beta of each MS OS, & upgraded to final on day 1. But this time I feel that I'm quite happy with Vista, it's stable, fast & I use Stardock Window Blinds & Icon Packager so my desk can look like any OS I want.

As I've not run the beta of 7 can anyone give me good reasons to do a full reinstall & move over to 7 in October? Thanks.

morddwyd 28 Sep 09

All I can say is that I have found Win 7 so much better than Vista.

I found Vista so bad that I actually removed it and installed a a retail copy of XP.

However, if you're already happy with Vista there seems little point in spending money on a new O/S just for the sake of it.

Pine Man 28 Sep 09

Like you I am very pleased indeed with Vista and I agree that it's very stable and fast.

I also run W7 alongside Vista and although it isn't any more stable (Vista has never let me down)it is certainly faster and a lot, lot easier to install.

I have been running Windows since 3.11 and I have tried all of the various versions to date. On the 22nd October (if Microsoft play ball) I will definitely be updating to W7 having pre-ordered my copy.

Input Overload 28 Sep 09

I might put 7 on :-) Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message