Why Should I Change

Input Overload 07:17 AM 28 Sep 09

Ever since Win 95 I have run the beta of each MS OS, & upgraded to final on day 1. But this time I feel that I'm quite happy with Vista, it's stable, fast & I use Stardock Window Blinds & Icon Packager so my desk can look like any OS I want.

As I've not run the beta of 7 can anyone give me good reasons to do a full reinstall & move over to 7 in October? Thanks.

morddwyd 07:54 AM 28 Sep 09

All I can say is that I have found Win 7 so much better than Vista.

I found Vista so bad that I actually removed it and installed a a retail copy of XP.

However, if you're already happy with Vista there seems little point in spending money on a new O/S just for the sake of it.

Pine Man 10:46 AM 28 Sep 09

Like you I am very pleased indeed with Vista and I agree that it's very stable and fast.

I also run W7 alongside Vista and although it isn't any more stable (Vista has never let me down)it is certainly faster and a lot, lot easier to install.

I have been running Windows since 3.11 and I have tried all of the various versions to date. On the 22nd October (if Microsoft play ball) I will definitely be updating to W7 having pre-ordered my copy.

Input Overload 12:15 PM 28 Sep 09

I might put 7 on :-) Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know