Why I cannot login after attempting to change user's username and user's name folder in Users?

XP Mai 18:17 21 Nov 14

I was following these article to do so: click here of my laptop:-

Operating system: Windows

Windows version: 7 Bit: 32*

At Step 3, I failed to create a temporary user with administrator privileges through Command Prompt. So, I created it manually through Control Panel with the same exact name and password as instructed.

Then, I proceeded on...

Until Step 6 onwards, problems arise. I changed the username to Default. Step (c) I failed to access the Advanced user management, so I skipped it until Step 7. I also changed the folder's name to Default but it says that there is already a folder named Default existed and asked me if I want to replace. I then immediately tried to go back to Step 6 and rename it to previous name but failed, so I clicked "Yes" to merge folder and replace the existed folder. At this moment, the only Users folder window frozen. I then realised it happens when I attempted to replace after many times trying.

Also, at the end, I successfully changed back all the names to how previously it was named in Step 6 and Step 7 but I still stuck at user login "Welcome" forever when trying to login to the account I made changes.

Although I made a system restore before doing all these as a precaution, but I fail to restore since I receive an error message saying that it was unsuccessfully maybe due to anti-virus even though I turn off all anti-virus. :(

Screenshot: click here thread is also exist on Microsoft Community: Why I cannot login after attempting to change user's username and - Microsoft Community

*Details This

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…