Why does my browser sizing lag ???

Toybotaboy 10:47 10 Jan 15
Answered

Hi, can anyone give me the probably very simple answer to this problem? When i try to reduce my browser window by placing the cursor on the edge of the window itself, then drag inwards whilst keeping the mouse button pressed, the edge 'Borderline' can be seen to move to the size i want, but the actual window doesn't move, then the window joins it when i release the mouse button.

It's not a massive problem to me actually, but as none of my other computers have ever done this, i wondered why this particular one does. Is it just a lack of RAM or is it something i should sort out before something more serious happens ???

Cheers

spuds 11:40 10 Jan 15

Perhaps a little more detail might help, like browser or browsers you use, plus operating system and monitor make and model.

Toybotaboy 14:44 10 Jan 15

I think an analogy is called for here.

Your left hand is the mouse, your right is the edge of any window on any browser on any monitor, be it the browser window or your libraries window. You move your left hand away from you & your right hand should follow in sync or as one, but your right hand stays still. You then move your right hand towards the left to catch up with it. That is what is happening.

On any normal running computer, both hands would move at the same time, well on one of mine it doesn't. I really can't think of any better way to describe it.

Toybotaboy 11:50 11 Jan 15
Answer

Problem solved........

'Open up Run, type "sysdm.cpl" (without quotes)

In the System Properties window, switch to Advanced tab. Under the head of Performance, click Settings.

Now, check the option "Show window contents while dragging", and click on OK.'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017