Why does iTunes buffer during playback?

fedex1969 18:49 22 Nov 14

Hi Guys, This problem is ongoing but now is beginning to really p**s me off. When I play back music on itunes it stutters/buffers. Let's say I have itunes open and am playing music. Let's also say that I have one or two tabs open in google. All's fine if the tabs are dormant, but as soon as I search in a tab the music starts to buffer, even though I'm not live streaming the music, just trying to play back from computer! Very annoying. Any ideas?

mole1944 19:29 22 Nov 14

We need more information about the spec of your machine.

wee eddie 20:45 22 Nov 14

Sounds awfully like a shortage of memory.

mole1944 05:35 23 Nov 14

Hi wee eddie i was thinking the same thats why i needed the machine specs

fedex1969 17:49 23 Nov 14

Hi Guys. The spec is a bit of a moot point as may machine was hand built and I'm not especially savvy as to find the info you require. I can tell you that I have 130GB free of 232GB. Does this help at all?

wee eddie 18:26 23 Nov 14

I am on my phone at the moment, so can't give you a link.

There is a free program called Belarc Advisor, which will tell you all about your PC. Download it and you will be able to tell us all

mole1944 07:13 24 Nov 14

What amount of internal memory do you have, for instance my machine runs iTunes on 8Gb of memory.Have you got the latest edition of iTunes installed for your operating system. wee eddie is spot on run belarc and all the information will be there,print it out if necessary.

mole1944 07:13 24 Nov 14

What amount of internal memory do you have, for instance my machine runs iTunes on 8Gb of memory.Have you got the latest edition of iTunes installed for your operating system. wee eddie is spot on run belarc and all the information will be there,print it out if necessary.

mole1944 07:14 24 Nov 14

oops sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…