why do i have to swich on the wireless printer to access the internet on the wireless laptop?

winsorblue 01:15 AM 14 Sep 11

Hi, i have a wireless laptop and have just bought a wireless printer which i have manged to set up and it works fine, but now for some reason, i can only access the internet if the printer is switched on, is there a solution to this, as i really don't want to have to keep on switching the printer on every time i want to use the internet, if anyone knows the answer, please can you explain it very simply!! many thanks

BRYNIT 09:33 AM 14 Sep 11

I could be wrong but it sound like the printer is connecting directly to your laptop and not through your router.

HP printers allow you to view or print out the network setting your printer may have the same options and should tell you if the printer is connecting via your router if it is it will show the router SSID name.

winsorblue 12:39 PM 14 Sep 11

Hi, thank you for replying, i have printed the printers network settings and you are right it does show my SSID name, have you any idea on how to fix it, many thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay