Which Vista?

audeal 23:14 18 Mar 08

I am thinking of purchasing Vista but don't know which version to get. Can anyone tell me which version is the most popular in use in the UK.

Many Thanks. Audeal

anskyber 23:16 18 Mar 08

Home Premium, but it depends on what you want to use it for and the spec of your machine.

audeal 19:51 19 Mar 08

anskyber: Thanks for your reply. I have two computers, one which I use for everyday use, which I am useing now and the other is for Video Capture, which does not get used very often.

The number two computer has a pentium 4 processor of 3.2 gig and one gig of ram, so I may decide to put Vista on that machine. I may also use it just for capturing Video but I have not decided what to do yet. I will decide in due course.

Thanks for your help. Audeal.

anskyber 20:00 19 Mar 08

Fine, have a look at the system requirements click here

I assume you have a graphics card with dedicated graphics RAM. If so it should be fine but the general view is 2GB of RAM is the sweet spot for Vista premium editions. RAM upgrade is relatively cheap if you decide to do it.

We can recommend here on RAM if you need it.

audeal 22:27 19 Mar 08

anskyber: Every thing should be ok for the Premium version. I have a Nveda Graphics Card with 128mb of ram. The only thing I can see is that the memory will have to be upgraded to 2gb from the 1gb I now have.

I do not know if I should purchase the OEM package or go for the full version.

I will make my decision after I have sorted out my cars MOT and Ins. later this month.

Thanks for your help. Audeal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…