which form of backup is more useful?

docjohn 15:04 PM 04 Feb 12

I take monthly copies of the files in my my Documents, Music and Pictures folders which I've changed/added anyway, copying onto a Seagate Freeagent external hard drive.

But I also have both Ease2Do and Diskwizard on my computer. For backup purposes, in case of a catastrophic computer failure in the future, is it better to do (1) monthly system backups using Ease2Do or (2) monthly image backups using Diskwizard?

(I presumably would overwrite the previous month's backup by deleting it first, otherwise the external disk would soon get full!)

mole44 04:48 AM 07 Feb 12

I use a clickfree cab101 dongle with an external drive there about £50 from Amazon,doesn't save your programs or operating system (I use Acronis true image for that)just your data.You can set it to save various items or just let it do it's thing. i have over 43,500 music tracks (All legal)so you see i'd be gutted to loose them all,look up CAB101 i think you'll find it a good investment as all you do id plug it in and the onboard software looks for changes and only saves them,it might take a while on your first save but after that just plug in and it will do the rest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off