Where`s my Games?

apianglo 28 Oct 09

Just upgraded to windows 7 from Vista (had to do a complete install as 7pro wouldn`t upgrade Vista premium)to find I no longer have my games section, my grandkids & I used to play in there a lot, but its gone. Iv`e tried to reactivate them in Windows.old without success, Is there anyway I can reactivate or reinstall the old games section

apianglo 28 Oct 09

Sorry, found it myself. For anyone with the same problem, the solutio is as follows.....
START-CONTROL PANEL-PROGRAMS(green heading)-Programmes & features-Turn windows features on or off-tick the box for games......This will load the games section for you. Why this is not done as normal I`ve no idea......Thanks for reading anyway.

gardener 28 Oct 09

apianglo,

Thanks for that, I just assumed Microsoft hadn't bothered with them In W7.

Lee.C 30 Oct 09

The games aren't installed by default on the Pro version as it's aimed (mainly) at business users.

The same thing happened on the Vista equivalent.

I guess Microsoft got sick of being blamed for company employees not getting any work done :-)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message