Where`s my Games?

apianglo 18:59 PM 28 Oct 09

Just upgraded to windows 7 from Vista (had to do a complete install as 7pro wouldn`t upgrade Vista premium)to find I no longer have my games section, my grandkids & I used to play in there a lot, but its gone. Iv`e tried to reactivate them in Windows.old without success, Is there anyway I can reactivate or reinstall the old games section

apianglo 19:38 PM 28 Oct 09

Sorry, found it myself. For anyone with the same problem, the solutio is as follows.....
START-CONTROL PANEL-PROGRAMS(green heading)-Programmes & features-Turn windows features on or off-tick the box for games......This will load the games section for you. Why this is not done as normal I`ve no idea......Thanks for reading anyway.

gardener 21:56 PM 28 Oct 09

apianglo,

Thanks for that, I just assumed Microsoft hadn't bothered with them In W7.

Lee.C 15:36 PM 30 Oct 09

The games aren't installed by default on the Pro version as it's aimed (mainly) at business users.

The same thing happened on the Vista equivalent.

I guess Microsoft got sick of being blamed for company employees not getting any work done :-)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…