where did they all disappear to?

revenge! 00:04 19 Jan 16

I did an upgrade to Win 10 pro from Win 7 pro, NOT a clean install. ALL my documents, pictures, videos, etc disappeared. My browsers (firefox & cyberfox) disappeared, other programs disappeared. Where to & how can I recover them. When I reinstalled browsers no old history bookmarks etc were there. HELP please thanks [email protected]

BRYNIT 01:19 19 Jan 16

If you started the upgrade from within windows they should still be there as it should just upgrade to win 10 and leave programs and folders in place. You should have backed up all your documents before the upgrade just in case something happens, you could also look in the Windows.old folder.

RV510 09:50 19 Jan 16

Files and programmes doing a disappearing act when upgrading to W10 is unfortunately for some a very common problem and even if any don't disappear they may not work properly or reinstall if W10 decides that they are 'incompatible'. There are a lot of people thinking that W10 is Microsoft's biggest flop yet!

Govan1x 11:02 19 Jan 16

You should have windows old on your computer you should be able to extract them from there.

Open File explorer and on the left hand side Expand C Drive and windows old should be at the bottom of that.

HondaMan 11:39 19 Jan 16

"There are a lot of people thinking that W10 is Microsoft's biggest flop yet" So what's new?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…