Where are Gifs/Tifs stored ....

OhFFS 12:57 12 Nov 08

Having just upgrade from Windows 2000, I am having trouble finding files that were downloaded during internet browsing.

Under 2000 I could search for files created today or look in content i.e.. I would see all the gifs tifs etc as thumbnails. I could then use them to create documents pictures etc (Copyright allowing of course)or check up on my teenager to ensure that inappropriate sites werent being accessed.

Under Vista Home Premium the only place I can find that these files are stored is in the "prefetch" file. But I cannot actually see what is in there.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to view gifs tifs downloaded in web pages under Vista and if so point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

Woolwell 17:46 12 Nov 08

If you are looking for images that are still embedded in the web pages and you are using IE7 then the easiest way is probably to open IE& go to tools on the general tab and under browsing history click on settings and then click on view files.

If the images have been separately downloaded then they should be in the download file unless an alternative location has been chosen.

Covergirl 08:25 13 Nov 08

click here

I had similar problems and the only one that worked for me was Free Commander click here which can see everything.

You'll probably find them down this path C:\Users\"myusername"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.ie5\ then the subfolders containing the TIFs

OhFFS 12:28 17 Nov 08

Found them at last, Covergirl, I sympathise with your frustration in your previous thread. But your persistance paid off and now you've helped me. Good Karma coming your wayb ;-)

six-h 00:43 03 Dec 08

Like your user name:-)
Does it stand for what I think it does...ending in sake?
lol.

OhFFS 11:03 03 Dec 08

Six-h,

Indeed it does, it represents a much uttered phrase in getting to grips with Vista. I cannot believe how difficult it is to edit, delete or even find files. Wish I'd stuck with 2000, knew where I was with that!

six-h 13:26 04 Dec 08

As a committed "Vista hater", I'm surprised that I've eventually been won over!
Now all that remains is to master that dratted "Ribbon" in Office 2007:-(
I used to know where things were!.. Not anymore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac