where are available broadband connections Win 7

premier man 11:13 22 Nov 13

Hi Can anybody tell me how to find a list of available broadband connections in Windows 7... I have clicked on the icon in the task bar, it shows connections are available but no list... Any help appreciated. Thanks

lotvic 12:53 22 Nov 13

This is for WiFi not Ethernet Cable

right-click the icon in the task bar and select View Available Wireless Networks.

or You can also go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections, right-click the Wireless Network Connection icon and click View Available Wireless Networks.

The name and WiFi password should be on label on your Router.

premier man 10:41 24 Nov 13

Thanks lotvik I have tried the suggestions you have mentioned but still no joy! this is on wi-fi and I am trying to add a 2nd PC to the internet......it was on there till BT sent me a up to date huh....

mole1944 05:45 25 Nov 13

Silly question I know but if it's a laptop is the wireless switched on and if it's a desktop are the wi-fi drivers installed, open control panel-hardware & sound-device manager (Top row) and look to see if there any exclamation marks on the network adapters anyway uninstall said adapters and restart pc to see if they re-insall. From Amazon I purchased a USB network adapter and you could as well as it works ok good backup as well in case normal adapter fails.

Silly question I know but if it's a laptop is the wireless switched on and if it's a desktop are the wi-fi drivers installed, open control panel-hardware & sound-device manager (Top row) and look to see if there any exclamation marks on the network adapters anyway uninstall said adapters and restart pc to see if they re-insall. From Amazon I purchased a USB network adapter and you could as well as it works ok good backup as well in case normal adapter fails.

sorry

premier man 17:25 29 Nov 13

Thanks mole1944 It is a 2nd PC, which until BT sent me a new Hub worked OK on Wi-fi, but I will check out you suggestions, or if no luck get the Adapter!!! appreciate you taking the trouble to answer.....

lotvic 20:38 29 Nov 13

"it was on there till BT sent me a up to date huh" (I presume you mean new hub)

And does the new hub have a different SSID (network name) and WiFi password? or have you been looking for the old name when you are looking for what to connect to?

Find the wireless network name (SSID) and wireless key for my BT Home Hub click here

Of course if no list at all is showing then the above is not the problem :)

alanrwood 10:07 30 Nov 13

Is the BT hub set to broadcast its SSID (Its network name). If so it will not show up. Just a daft thought.

lotvic 10:15 30 Nov 13

Why can’t I find a wireless network? things to check click here

premier man 11:10 01 Dec 13

Yes, sorry should have meant Hub.... I put in new password, still the same network name SSID, but no joy..... What I can't understand is when I click on the Icon in the task bar it should bring up a list of available broadband connections, all it says is that connections are available....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…