When double clicking on a Desktop Icon or Folder to open it a different one opens

Audio~~Chip 11:45 01 Nov 13

Morning all

In Vista on my Laptop running Vista SP2 home when I go to select a desktop icon like Computer or even my documents file a different Icon or folder will open.

I am using a USB Microsoft Optic mouse and have tried my desktop one & the mouse pad on the laptop which makes no difference.

I have just finished running Super Anti Spyware which only found Adware tracking cookies.

Help please

Audio~~Chip 21:50 01 Nov 13

Hello Jock1e

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I do not get email notification when someone replies to my postings. Did report it to the Forum Editor but had no reply also.

I will try this now going in to All Programs and also try going into the documents folder.

Tried it! when i select a programe it opens a totally different programe than selected either way being from the programe list or from a desktop icon.

Thanks for looking

Audio~~Chip 21:47 02 Nov 13

Hello

Sorry for not getting back sooner, still not getting email notification for replies.

I have noticed the Left Mouse Pad button seems to have lost its click and looks like its dropped down. So I take it the little bit of plastic underneath is snapped. Going to have to strip the laptop down to find out.

I take it this will be the cause of the problem with the left mouse pad click button being stuck and instantly selecting a desktop icon when booting into windows.

Thanks again Jock1e !

Audio~~Chip 23:04 03 Nov 13

Thanks for the heads up on the email notification issue Jocke1

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5