Whea_uncorrectable_error on restart

NilesRevagar 13:38 15 Aug 14

Hi,

I recently installed some updates on my laptop (running windows 8.1) which required a restart. Upon restarting however I received the following error message: wheauncorrectableerror. I tried to start up in safe mode, but to no avail, I still got the same message. I tried to restore the system to before the update, but that failed. I ran command prompt with chkdsk and it failed stage 3, with the following error: "7 data files processed. Errors detected in the uppercase file." I'm not sure what that means. Is the problem with the hardrive? If so how can I fix it? Really just want to get the system working again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Niles

chub_tor 12:43 16 Aug 14

Have you tried starting up with Last KNown Good Configuration instead of Safe Mode Click Here for instructions on how to do it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…