What is MSVCRT

nickf 21:24 PM 25 Jan 13

Whilst I was running Glary utilities , I noticed 3 entries in the program listing , and I have no idea what they are . googled , and got mixed results . the listings were :MSVCRT , MSVCRT 110 and MSVCRT_amd64 . Bit confused as I don't have any AMD kit in my PC . Any help would be great .

mole1944 07:23 AM 26 Jan 13

Do a bit of research in google,don't be lazy and expect us to come up with answers.Sorry but you realy should google it first.

mole1944 07:23 AM 26 Jan 13

Do a bit of research in google,don't be lazy and expect us to come up with answers.Sorry but you realy should google it first.

nickf 08:46 AM 26 Jan 13

God morning to you too Mole1944 . If you read my post , you would see that I did google it ! Got mixed results , some saying it was a virus or malware , and others saying it was vital for Windows , and yet more saying only used by Windows media player . Most of the information was too technical for me . So ,knowing that there are some helpful people using this forum , I thought I would ask for there help and advice , obviously you are not oe of them .

Chronos the 2nd 13:01 PM 26 Jan 13

I do not think that these entries are anything to worry about, but I agree information is difficult to get the head around.

But I did find this. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library. Non-system processes like msvcrt originate from software you installed on your system. Since most applications store data in your system's registry, it is likely that your registry has suffered fragmentation and accumulated invalid entries.

Oh and well done mole1944 forums really appreciate people like you.(Not)

nickf 13:35 PM 26 Jan 13

Thanks for replying Chronos . Well unless I hear any different , I will leave it alone , malwarebytes , avg and hitman are not flagging it up as a problem . Just confused by the amd bit .

northumbria61 13:59 PM 27 Jan 13

Chronus the 2nd - I firmly agree with your comments made by mole1944 - totally uncalled for.

northumbria61 14:07 PM 27 Jan 13

nickf - there is information here about MSVCRT errors and missing .dll's. I would suggest you have a read of it but if all is running okay then there is no need to take any action - as Chronus the 2nd has already said, "I do not think that these entries are anything to worry about"

enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Microsoft's Gamescom 2015 Xbox conference: Watch Microsoft reveal new Xbox One games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…