What if I don't want to upgrade to Win 8.1?

MartinaD 16:19 19 Jun 14

I know this topic's been discussed thoroughly, however ... most people seem to have hated the Win8 when it came out and that is the angle from which they approach the question. I, on the other hand, love Windows 8 and would like to keep most of its features, but I'm also being assured that my laptop will run better if I upgrade to 8.1.

Potentially related issue: Recently, the Windows Music application, which I use as default for audio files, started to crash regularly, sometimes causing the laptop to crash too. Could this be because I haven't upgraded yet?

Thanks for advice

Martina

rdave13 20:13 19 Jun 14

Not sure what you mean by Windows Music application ?

rdave13 20:26 19 Jun 14

I've just gone to the win 8.1 Music app for the first time and it is different to win 8. You'll soon get the hang of it though and my selections are still there.

Crashing could be because of another software/ driver that has been recently downloaded.

Before you upgrade to 8.1 scan the system files to see if any problems.

Left corner and right click Start icon. Select Command Prompt (Admin), copy and past this to the CMD pane, sfc/scannow and press enter.

That might try to repair Win 8 but it sounds to me that you've installed an incompatible program for Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…