What is the best PC cleanup software

Les0191 22:52 PM 22 Dec 11

Hi, Can you please advise me on the best value for money PC cleanup software. I am currently using AVG PCtuneup 2011 and scan once a week. It seems to do an effective job, but I as there are numerous similar products on the market could you advise me which would be the best one for me to run on my desktop(Vista) and my laptop(7)

difarn 07:48 AM 23 Dec 11

CC Cleaner is a free download and very well respected. However, a word of advice. Don't be tempted to run registry scans too often as there is a danger of deleting important registry files. If you do use this function make sure that you accept the option to back up registry files. Open a folder for this in My Documents and name each back up with the date. Have a read of this article which also has a link to the download.

In addition, should you suspect a problem with malware free Malwarebytes is an excellent programme. Read this article for information and a link to the download.

ajs160n 10:58 AM 12 Jan 12

Advanced system care free--it does the lot and more and is totally free--ajs160n

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED