what backup should i use

chippy+ 20:00 PM 06 Apr 13

hi

i am going to try backupper backup software should i use disc backup or system backup i have used acronis and macrium reflect in the past but like to try out new software thanks chippy

lotvic 08:29 AM 07 Apr 13

As you like to try out new software, why not try it out both ways to see what you think of it.

john bunyan 16:01 PM 07 Apr 13

I have my disc partitioned 100 gig for Op systems and programmes (C:), and the balance for data (F:), all in a master folder called "My Documents" with sub and sub sub folders such as "Word Docs", "Music" , "Photos" etc. I have a number of other drives. For the C drive I use Acronis to do an image, verified(to another drive), every couple of weeks after an anti virus and anti malware scan and a defrag. I use Freefileshnch every day to make a "mirror image" of the data partition (Far quicker than Acronis) . About once a month I make an Acronis clone of the whole main drive to yat another HD. Acronis seems to be well praised on this forum.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone