This weeks Windows Update

Caskstrength60 06:50 AM 13 Apr 12

Has anyone had problems with this weeks Windows update ? KB2653956 won't load into both my Main and laptop computer , it stalls on the restart just getting so far through the loading or getting to 100% then just stops with the spinning circle . Both are running Windows 7 home premium SP1 , should this have been offered to me as the home premium edition doesn't offer Remote access ? Cheers !

johndrew 11:45 AM 13 Apr 12

Mine installed with no problem (W7 Pro). Have you tried downloading the update and installing from your desktop?

Caskstrength60 13:36 PM 13 Apr 12

Yes i tried that and it did exactly the same . Does W7 Pro offer remote access ? because W7 HP doesn't......

VCR97 19:47 PM 13 Apr 12

Installed OK on my Home Premium/SP1.

Caskstrength60 20:53 PM 13 Apr 12

Microsoft support sent me a solution and it worked on both computers . They gave the Support number as KB836941 but i couldn't find it in the search on .

johndrew 10:03 AM 14 Apr 12

Does W7 Pro offer remote access

Unfortunately W7 (all variants to my knowledge) only uses the local Update window. I preferred the old XP remote facility myself.

john bunyan 14:26 PM 14 Apr 12

This was a"Security update for W7 64bit systems." Installed ok on my Ultimate, but the total took a long time especially the .NET framework updates. Have you tried a "search for updates" to see if is outstanding?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November