This Weeks Naff Updates...

Quickbeam 12:54 17 Oct 10

Have MS made a pigs ear of it this week?

My first problems were no internet connection with IE8, Chrome or Outlook, with WMP not being able to download CD track listings or artwork.

I did a couple of system restores but still had the WMP problem left in it. It seems that you can't download WMP 12 as it is considered to be part of W7.

I then did a reinstall from the W7 disk as an upgrade option to see if that would repair the Windows elements that were corrupted. That didn't work either, the WMP corruption was still there.

So now I'm just waiting for the W7 backup image that I did months ago to finish (I'm on a faithful XP netbook right now). The downside of that is that most of us make that and forget about it, so it won't be the system that I had last week, that'll take a week or more to discover how I had it set up just so.

Then I'll make another drive image, and not until then will I try tp update again.

Thanks Bill...

Forum Editor 12:58 17 Oct 10

That's odd, I had no problems at all on six machines, and as far as I'm aware there has been no general problem.

Quickbeam 13:06 17 Oct 10

On the Helproom forum lots of have had similar problems after this weeks updated.

I posted on here as the Helproom subjects rattle along so fast that they quickly end up on the back page.

My W7 drive image has just successfully finished and is OK by the way.

Quickbeam 13:08 17 Oct 10

p.s. Is there a great problem in not installing the updates for a week nor so?

Quickbeam 13:15 17 Oct 10

I forgot to disable automatic updates!!!

I just switched it off and it installing 25 updates. If you read of someone throwing an insubordinate computer 3 miles from the livingroom window and killing someone, it'll be me...

Quickbeam 13:48 17 Oct 10

Somebodies had a lucky escape... it's OK now with all the updates on top of the image restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…