Websites keep crashing

bellarena 18:26 PM 20 Jan 12

The problem I am having is that websites keep crashing, it has only started to happen over the last few days. I have not installed or removed anything. I have scanned for viruses but there are none. I have restarted the computer but that makes no difference either. I am using windows explorer. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Its driving me mad having to keep refreshing pages, restoring pages, closing pages all because it stops responding.

chub_tor 18:43 PM 20 Jan 12

This won't fix Internet Explorer but try downloading Chrome or Firefox and see if you get the same result. That way you will be able to tell if it is a browser or a connection problem.

bellarena 19:29 PM 20 Jan 12

Thanks. I'll try that.

difarn 19:40 PM 20 Jan 12

Sometimes add -ons cause problems with crashing. Does the behaviour persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons).

If it starts with this disabled you could try re-enabling add-ons individually to see which one may be causing the problems.

It may be necessary to set your Internet Explorer Settings - see this article.

bellarena 09:57 AM 23 Jan 12

Problem fixed! I installed firefox and haven't had any problems since.

difarn 12:06 PM 23 Jan 12

Good news - it more than likely is an IE add on in that case. Have used Firefox for years and much prefer it to most other browsers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know