Web pages not viewing properly in windows 8

Mike__81 19:16 PM 08 Dec 12

I have recently bought a 8 laptop and have installed the adobe flash player as instructed, but it seems that after viewing a couple of websites, the view of the sites changes as if the flash player is not reading it. when i tried deleting my browsing history it went back to normal again and the pages were coming up properly, but it keeps happening everytime i log on and it happens after viewing about 9 webpages. any ideas as this is driving me insane!!!!

rdave13 19:49 PM 08 Dec 12

Check in IE10, tools, manage add-ons, under 'show' select 'all add-ons', you should see Shockwave Flash Object. Version should be 11.3.376.12

Flash is now a third party component of the OS and will update automatically via Windows update. Possibly updating the IE version of flash has upset the apple cart.

Run IE without add-ons, mouse cursor to bottom left and right click. Select run and paste iexplore –extoff . IE 10 will open without add-ons. Enable flash, for a while, to see if you get the same problem. If not then it could be another add-on.

rdave13 19:57 PM 08 Dec 12

Missed typed that, it ii iexplore -extoff

rdave13 19:57 PM 08 Dec 12

Missed typed that, it ii iexplore -extoff

rdave13 20:01 PM 08 Dec 12

Forget that last command in run. Although it's showing as no add-ons are running, they still are.

rdave13 20:26 PM 08 Dec 12

In IE 10 select tools, internet options, advanced tab and reset Internet Explorer. You will have to reboot. Try running flash based sites for a while to see if ok. You might have to reinstall other add-ons again.

mask505 11:01 AM 18 Dec 12

I have the same problem. I try with mozilla firefox, google chrome & IE pages is not display properly until I delete cookies, history etc but it only work for next 4 or 5 day same thing again. any idea. please help me out.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay