W7 firewall any good

iqs 13:27 16 Mar 10

Hi,

Just wondering if the W7 firewall is any good,if not,can you recommend a W7 compatible firewall please.
Thank you

User-1229748 19:01 16 Mar 10

i've been using it for about 5 months with its default settings and havn't had any problems.also have a router firewall it has to be said :o)

chub_tor 19:02 16 Mar 10

Independent review click here

john bunyan 22:12 16 Mar 10

Following advice on these forums I am using PC Tools (Free) and I believe the advantage is it stops outgoing and incoming attempts whereas W7 only stops incoming. I used to have Comodo on XP, but found it a bit too intrusive. So far (3 months) so good with PCTools.

Pine Man 08:17 17 Mar 10

'W7 only stops incoming'

The Vista firewall was built on a new Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) and added the ability to filter outbound traffic via the Advanced Security MMC snap-in. With Windows 7, Microsoft has tweaked the firewall further and made it much more useable, especially on mobile computers, by adding support for multiple active firewall policies.

john bunyan 08:29 17 Mar 10

Thanks for that. I thought I had read in these forums a different story, so am grateful to you.

iqs 17:17 17 Mar 10

Many thanks for the help all.
Will have a go with the W7 firewall,will see how I get along with it.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…