Volume behaviour change since W7

Anti_Virus 16:42 PM 11 Nov 09

Hi. I recently upgraded from 32-bit Vista, to 64-bit W7, on my Dell Latitude D630. Everything seems to be going well, and I really like 7. However, I've notice a small change in the behaviour of the voulme change since the upgrade (clean install I should put) that is niggling me.

On Vista, if I had the volume on really loud, I could mute it, lower the volume, then un-mute, all using the built-in hardware buttons under the screen. However, since W7, if I mute the volume, as soon as I press the lower volume button the sound un-mutes before going down. This really annoys me - if I'm listening to music and it comes on really load, I used to be able to just mute then lower, then bring it back on. Now I have to mute, pause the music, then lower the volume.

I know it's not a big deal, but it is really niggling me. I assumed this sort of thing would be dictated by the hardware on the motherboard, not the OS. Any ideas how I can get it back to how it was before?

canarieslover 18:40 PM 11 Nov 09

Have you tried updating the motherboard drivers from the Dell website? I should imagine that they will correct the problem. click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…