Visual Thumbnails

ened 12:03 18 Jan 09

I have just managed to get back into my old machine, which had blown up, to get the Corel pictures off.

I noticed that when looking in My Pictures folder on my XPpro machine the .psd photos showed a thumbnail at the bottom when they were clicked.

This is very useful, especially as I now have a DVD full of them and only want to download a few to my Vista machine.

My question is this:is there a way to enable these thumnails - I do hjave Elements vi installed?

DippyGirl 17:29 19 Jan 09

Open a folder Tools > Folder options > View
In the Files and Folders section un-tick Always show icons, never thumbnails

ened 07:29 20 Jan 09

There is no Tools menu as such but I found the area you mean under Organize.

The box you refer to is already unticked.

Any more suggestions greatly appreciated.

DippyGirl 10:29 21 Jan 09

From Organize pull down > Layout and tick Menu Bar to get the Tools (and other) options displayed.
But if you dont want the menu bar (as you are setup now) what I have set is
Organize > Folder and Search
General : Show preview and filters Radio button selected
View: Files and Folders all ticked except Always show icons, never thumbnails

Organize > Layout Details pane ticked

Then if my view is set to details/small icons and I select a file its thumbnail appears in the details pane at the bottom
If I have view set to medium icons (or larger) I see the image of most of the files in the main pane

If I completely off track - sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…