I will provide whatever Specs i can:

Laptop Amilo Li1718
Processor Core Duo T2080
MEM: 2048M
HDD 120GB SATA
OS Vista Premium

Netgear 54 MBPS Wireless
ADSL2+ Modem Router

Bought 3 months ago..everything going fine until internet slowdown started the other day. Pages taking a good bit longer to fully load. Streaming videos are the same and downloads are coming in at 15kbs. Using Mozilla Firefox. Reinstalled firefox and reset the Router but both didnt work. Also scanned with AVG and Spybot...both came out clear. Sorry if a bit vague but still getting to grips with Vista. Not sure how to locate the problem. Any advice welcome. Many Thanks!

rincewind11 11:42 07 Jan 08

perhaps check internet settings, delete history and cookies dont know a lot about firefox as to where settings are. your specs seem ok, another thought have you tried to see if netgear router has any updates online?

Ashrich 22:11 07 Jan 08

Have you been in touch with your ISP , they may be having problems in your area , or they might have capped your download speed if they think you have gone over the limit , even " unlimited " ISP's do that ....

Ashley

kawada1 23:14 07 Jan 08

Thanks for the feedback. Whatever the problem was its seems to be gone for now and things are back up to full speed. Maybe it was a problem within the area i live.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…