vistas windows experience rating

martd77 09:59 16 Dec 07

When i got my new pc together the rating was 4.3 after doing a few vista updates its now 5.1,ive had no other hardware installed so why has the score changed?not that im complaining,i understand the ratings based on the weakest component which was the ram now its the processor!

system:
intel core duo e4550
2gb ddr667
320gb seagate sata hd
20xsamsung sata dvd rw
Nvidia 8600 gt 512mb graphics
windows vista premium

anskyber 10:08 16 Dec 07

Look at the lowest score and where it comes from because that determines the rating.

As a guess it could be your graphics card rating which has gone up following a driver update which allows it to perform better against the tests.

martd77 10:16 16 Dec 07

Thanks yes there was a graphics card update through vista.
The lowest score was my ram after the update its the processor thats what i dont understand

anskyber 10:18 16 Dec 07

Yes it is odd, and sorry I should have read your post more closely. A guess that the way RAM and graphics interact could explain things.

drivers will change the score if they are cleanly installed.

skidzy 15:25 16 Dec 07

If a new driver is responsible for that increase in vistas windows experience i wouldnt mind some of that.

Ive tried various drivers in the past with my graphics but only ever achieved an increase of 0.1

Such an increase due to a driver,maybe thats the way forward.
Have you by any chance installed Vista SP1 RC1 ?

martd77 15:39 16 Dec 07

No ive not installed any thing other than the updates neither have i installed any extra hardware

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…