Vista and Wireless Network

recap 15 Jul 09

I have a laptop with Vista on. I'm using my XP Pro laptop for this posting.

Every now and again it looses the wireless connection and will not reconnect for ages. On diagnosing the problem Windows informs me that the security key is incorrect. This I have re-entered numerous times.

I have rebooted the router, turned off the laptop, even uninstalled Norton and checked the firewall settings. Still the laptop won't connect to the wireless network.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

recap

Ashrich 16 Jul 09

Delete the profile for that connection , rescan for networks , select yours and re-enter the password , that usually sorts it . To delete the profile in Vista , open Network and Sharing Centre , on the left hand side click on " Manage wireless networks " highlight your network , then click on remove

Ashley

recap 16 Jul 09

Thanks Ashrich, tried that but it caused a BSOD stating it was dumping physical memory. Not enough time to write down the stop error.

recap 16 Jul 09

Fixed it. I had to start afresh and reinstall the wireless network via the wizard.

Thanks Ashrich.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message