Vista and Wireless Network

recap 22:13 PM 15 Jul 09

I have a laptop with Vista on. I'm using my XP Pro laptop for this posting.

Every now and again it looses the wireless connection and will not reconnect for ages. On diagnosing the problem Windows informs me that the security key is incorrect. This I have re-entered numerous times.

I have rebooted the router, turned off the laptop, even uninstalled Norton and checked the firewall settings. Still the laptop won't connect to the wireless network.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Ashrich 00:04 AM 16 Jul 09

Delete the profile for that connection , rescan for networks , select yours and re-enter the password , that usually sorts it . To delete the profile in Vista , open Network and Sharing Centre , on the left hand side click on " Manage wireless networks " highlight your network , then click on remove

recap 10:31 AM 16 Jul 09

Thanks Ashrich, tried that but it caused a BSOD stating it was dumping physical memory. Not enough time to write down the stop error.

recap 11:40 AM 16 Jul 09

Fixed it. I had to start afresh and reinstall the wireless network via the wizard.

Thanks Ashrich.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off