Vista to Windows loss of sound

Janey13 09:04 05 Apr 10

Can someone help resolve the above? I was advised to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 - but since doing so the sound is very muffled and the picture quality is diminished

james105051 13:47 05 Apr 10

You will probably need to reload your graphics and sound drivers, or locate Windows 7 drivers for them. If you post back the make\model numbers of your Graphics and soundcard someone here can help. With the picture quality it may be a simple matter of adjusting your display resolution. Try right clicking on the desktop and selecting "Personalise", if memory serves me correct (I'm using XP at the moment) you will find an option to adjust display properties, move the slider as far as it will go to the right to see if makes a difference.

Janey13 14:29 05 Apr 10

Thanks for your help James - I will investigate the drivers

Technocrate 12:19 12 Apr 10

you need to check both the mouse drivers and the Windows 7 drivers. Try to uninstall them and reload them again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…