Vista to Windows 7

BoilerOil 09:14 AM 14 Jul 11

Hi. I have a Laptop with C:Vista and D:Windows 7 can I upgrade Vista to Windows 7 set it up and then uninstall Windows 7 on drive D: then activate windows 7 with my product key.

Devil Fish 01:43 AM 15 Jul 11

if you have a win 7 disk you can install on your c: drive then format D:

HOWEVER i would recommend backing up everything you need 1st

BoilerOil 11:47 AM 15 Jul 11

The windows 7 disk I have is installed on D: and activated with my product key. I want to install it on C: set up win 7 then delete win 7 on D: after I want use the the product key to re activate win 7.

chub_tor 19:30 PM 15 Jul 11

If you are going to delete the Win 7 installation on D after you have upgraded to Win 7 on the C drive then why don't you just do it before the upgrade? Format D, upgrade from Vista to Win 7 on C, re-activate and Bob's your uncle. If you have activation problems then you can do it over the phone, it won't be a problem as your hardware is unchanged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…