Vista vs Vista SP1...Is there any gains?

mazuk 12:07 09 Apr 08

Have you guys noticed any significant "performance" boost or any of the so called faster transfer speeds from networks files etc? just seems to me that this service pack hasn't solved much...

anskyber 12:11 09 Apr 08

Yes, faster network transfer speed and a slight improvement in boot and close down.

belfman 12:48 09 Apr 08

Read/write times on large files has improved IMO.

Ventad 13:09 09 Apr 08

opens faster

mazuk 13:40 09 Apr 08

surely bootup and shut down etc and network transfer speed is mearly a little patch, is there any indications when say the nvidia driver error will be resolved or any of the main issues which should be worked on?

anskyber 14:11 09 Apr 08

Which Nvidia driver error? If you mean NVidia's slowness to build drivers for Vista then it's nVidia you should be asking.

Which "main issues"?

Lee.C 14:25 09 Apr 08

As far as I'm aware SP1 is mainly a combination of previously released updates with a few performance improvements (this is why the version on Windows Update is so much smaller than the full download).

Can you elaborate on the 'nvidia error' and 'main issues'?

Pine Man 15:51 09 Apr 08

Incompatible Creative sound card drivers which prevent SP1 from being downloaded from Windows Update or mess up you PC if you attempt to install the large SP1.

I have no problems with any nVidia drivers or hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…